Monday, September 15, 2014

Where we are now.

      
Fall, ah, becoming my favorite seasons- 
 When I was child, I LOVED summer- after all I am a summer baby being born in the beginning of August, in all. Yet, as my calender fills, and my home grows with each child. I have suddenly realized I am completely smitten with FALL! 
Oh I could go on and on
 School has started again, but since we are southern people, school technically starts mid-summer about for my kiddos'. Fall brings, comfort, the kids know their teachers and most classmates fairly well, so its not such a excitable time, just a more slowed down time.
Fall brings, Pumpkin spice latte back to Starbucks 
 Comfort foods start coming into play- Chili, Au gratin ham and potatoes, chicken pot pie, you name it, I'm cooking it- After all comfort foods  are my favorite to cook, eat, and share!
Thanksgiving is just a mere count down away- My very best friend always host and it is my family's tradition to go- A part of our friendship tradition to plan the menu trying out do last years feast. 
The weather begins to cool. In Florida, that is a bit of a exaggeration, but towards the end fall the outdoors are not completely UNBEARABLE!
Season premieres, Baking, Fall festivals, a hint of anticipation for Christmas, Family, Friends, Trunk-or-Treats, Halloween (which was my dear Grandmothers Birthday, God rest her amazingly strong willed soul) school breaks, Holidays, Baking..Did I already mention that?
See I told you I could go on and on, and I think I did!

I can already smell the pumpkin in the air! Alleluia, the Lord above gave us a season of reflection, of business, of thankfulness, and preparation for the coming Holidays and New year. A season to bring reason to come together, and enjoy one another. A season to wrap up before the "real fun" begins with winter, and all the joys that season beholds. 

With all this excitement I am clearly typing about, you must be wondering how my house is functioning in such a joyous time.
To start off, Ch-ch--cha-changesyes that is the song I meant to have pop in your head) is what is happening over on my side of the realm.
My kiddos' are adjusting over all well to the fact that they have a "new normal" and everything is Sssslowly start to fall into place. A few kinks are still in the midst, but I have a pep in my step. It is the fact the end of the year is upon me, and nothing is more motivating for this momma of 7 than the fact that Christmas brings MT. Yeah that is right people, MORE TOYS, oh you thought I meant mountain? well figuratively yes a MOUNTAIN.... of..MORE TOYS, and clothes and whatever the grandparents and the whoever wants to contribute their love of my fantastic children in the form of material possessions.
 Yes, in my realm there is not just the spring clean to recover from the winter- but the fall clean to prepare for the winter.
All these kinks will be post to come and I promise I will become more disciplined when it comes to posting on my blog. 
Anywho- we are leaving Wednesday afternoon, for a mini vacation to Atlanta, GA to see my very best friend. It is to celebrate a few things all mushed in a crazy 5 day journey. 
Alaessa my 4yr old is turning 5 yrs old and has requested to celebrate it with her own very best friend.Which is my very bests friend's youngest child and only daughter. The girls are only 4 months apart. Alaessa being the senior of the two.
My Best friends birthday is also coming up, and she has decided to celebrate it at Midtown Music Festival. Friday night and Saturday all day I will be with my Beloved, and my best friend  along with her hubby, and few others, listen to live music. As well as seeing my personal FAVORITE artist Lana Del Rey. -bliss- just pure bliss- Lana Del Rey, My beloved, AND my BFF- Im dying
Its Our BFF 10 yr ANNIVERSARY! We were going to do a girls trip to bond deeper, talk like idiots, and laugh till we- well i pee my pants(yes this girl has made me pee my pants- in public) But I have 8 month twins, and a boat load of other  teeny tinies that prevent such memorial events to take place in the present, but must be stashed away as a rain check for most likely our 20 yr BFF anniversary- She will roll her eyes when she reads this, lol. But Alas, the trip came to just a date on the calendar and we have settled for movie marathons and talking in the kitchen as we bake Alaessa birthday lunch and cake. 
Honestly though I am just as excited! She does live 8 hrs away and even though we spend on average 4-6hrs a day on the phone- Beloved has the phone records to prove it.  It is a very sweet treat to see each other and actually be in the presence of each other even if it is a few very jammed pack days. 
Till I post again.
Vishakha





1 comment: